Paying as Little Tax as legally Possible.
Almost every financial planning decision has a tax consequence in some respect, either in the short-term or the long-term. With this in mind, tax planning is an integral part of every financial plan. Our integrated style of examining your needs for insurance, income, retirement and estate planning helps ensure you are taking full advantage of current tax laws. One of our central concerns throughout the financial planning process is the reduction of your tax burden to make your tax liability as low as legally possible.
A few of the more significant tax-related areas that we review are:
- Income taxes on earned income and the associated marginal tax bracket.
- Income taxes generated from unearned income, such as interest and dividends.
- Whether or not municipal bonds are appropriate in order to save on taxes.
- Maximizing the use of long-term capital gains to reduce taxes.
- Categorization of expenses on one's tax return to minimize taxes.
- Possible Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) issues.
- Charitable contribution methods to maximize tax savings.
While we do not give tax advice or prepare taxes at Wale Advisory Group, our team of accountants can review your prior tax returns looking for ways to increase your deductions and decrease your taxes. We would be glad to work with you and your accountant to minimize your tax burden and reduce your future income tax liability. If you prepare your own taxes and would like some help, we could refer you to a CPA in our team for advice.